Let's catch up, shall we? This year has flown by and much has changed. But truthfully, I'm sure we're just as boring as always. You be the judge!
1. Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!
Remember these luscious locks!?
Oh, that beautiful, shiny, perfect, frizz-free hair! How lovely it was to run my fingers through those soft tendrils. I wish I could have stolen that head of hair and replaced my unruly mop with it!
But alas, Pete had to let go. At his hometown barbershop, he accepted the fate of the scissor. Snip, snip. New man. And now I'm realizing that the phrase "Snip, snip. New man" is appropriate at so many stages of a male's life...
2. From Robot Cars to Wearable Computers
On the work-front, Pete transitioned from one super awesome project, Google's Self-Driving Car, to another super awesome project, Google Glass.
3. We threw a pretty killer "penthouse" hotel party
Don't tell my dad. He's a retired Marriott guy and I wouldn't want him knowing that I stained the carpets.
4. I jazzed up the Winnebago with some insulation and "hardwood" floors.
The carpet we used to rock was 27 years old and was never officially cleaned. And parts of our floor had open holes where you could see the ground. This was a welcome change. And we increased the value of our home by. like, $100!
5. We visited our favorite places.
6. Pete turned the BIG 3-0!
7. We went to Lake Tahoe and never saw the lake.
Still haven't seen it...
9. We took one really good photo together at a wedding.
10. Pete grew a stellar f#*ing mustache.
11. We bought a car!
One that's just for driving and not for sleeping!
12. We went skydiving!
And one of us may have shit their pants a little...
13. We worked on the Winnebago.
Because it's always broken.
14. Pete became a Captain, basically.
Cruisin' around the San Francisco Bay is like, our thing now.
Thrilling stuff, huh!?